Job title： Project Coordinator in Low Carbon Project
Salary range: 9,000 RMB
As Project Coordinator you will, during a period of 4 years, lead a team with the purpose to inform and educate on Climate Change and Global Heating, mobilizing students in Yunnan to become Climate Activists and reduce Carbon Emission. Your team will spread Knowledge on Climate Change in Schools in Yunnan and involve students and their teachers - as well as the school leadership in targeted action schools and universities.
Your team will organize baseline studies to measure student- and teacher awareness of Climate Change, cooperate with relevant experts to develop a “Carbon Footprint Emission Estimation-APP” for students and teachers, awareness campaigns in schools, and workshops with Education- and Environmental Protection Bureaus and school leaders. Your team will help establish and mobilize Climate Compliance Student Clubs to advocate carbon reduction actions in their respective schools.
The project is in line with Yunnan Provincial Governments plans for “Construction of the Ecological Civilization”. The project involves cooperation with and training of 4 Civil Society Organizations
The project is scheduled to run from January 2020 – December 2023.
Your position as Project Coordinator will start May 1st 2020.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead the team during the project period, with full responsibility for reaching the goals listed in the project description.
Your responsibility areas will among others be:
- Reaching all promised indicators
- Training of the Project Team
- Develop Quarterly Production Plans
-Arrange baseline study on awareness of students and teachers carbon emissions
- Conduct workshops with environmental protection departments
- Arrange trainings in sustainable consumption as well as sustainable management of chemicals and waste in public schools in Yunnan
- Assessment of carbon emission estimates and use of technology and innovations for mobilization of public participation
- Measure progress made towards de-carbonization of selected schools in the program
- Strictly follow financial requirements and budgets
Supervise 4 local partner organizations and your team in:
a) training of teachers from public schools in mitigation actions
b) mobilization of Climate Compliance Leading Groups
c) conducting awareness campaigns in schools
d) develop and initiate long-term carbon neutrality plans for schools
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to plan, organize and inspire your team as well as third parties
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize tasks to meet project deadline
- Ability to create budgets and implementation plans
- Ability to mobilize innovative skills and perseverance when needed
- High school education or higher
- 5 years of experience with management of major projects
-Experience with training of adults and children
- Interest in and strong knowledge on Climate Change
-Possess a high degree of proficiency in using PC programs like Word, Excel and be able to understand and conquer new technical skills
- Team spirit is a must
- Basic English is a must
- Fluency in English writing is a plus
- Experience with mobilization of communities is a plus
Salary & Compensation will relate to skills, qualifications and experience.
Please apply with a detailed CV, achievements and experiences, a letter of motivation, including expected salary and earliest availability in English and Chinese by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject field of your email message, please provide your last name and “job application Project Coordinator, Low Carbon Project”.
In your letter of motivation please explain how your skills and experiences make you a relevant candidate for this position. Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted within 1-2 weeks. Applicants not invited for an interview within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and their personal data will be destroyed.